Thursday 10 February 2011

no more collage...

who would have ever thought collage could be so so annoying! it's all I've been doing for a few days now and today I realised none of my design research relates to my drawings, so I've expanded on an earlier drawing and completely left collage behind. I decided to stop doing collage because earlier I was doing some digital collage.. and it just looked terrible..


I don't like the white lines, the colours, anything. so instead I've gone back to using the method of 'water-pens' its this paintbrush that has a tube of water on the end.. very useful!


this painting is inspired by Jil Sander's 2011 s/s collection. I drew on layout paper with felt tip pens then used the water pen to transfer it onto a page in my sketchbook. I adore the colours.. they look so much nicer than the fluorescents! I think this flower would look amazing in a repeat pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment