Monday 7 February 2011

so today I've been playing with photoshop.. and I don't really like the outcomes! I can't get the bright popping colour, the nice round edges.. or just any of it. photoshop seems to make it look boring and uninteresting. so I guess digital print might not be the right route? I thought it would be the best way to create the fluorescent colours.. but obviously not! 



I guess the colours are bright, but it just seems too far removed from the original design. I think maybe I repeated it too many times? that could possibly be something that takes away from it. I hate the oval shapes in the centre, they just look odd and.. blegh! haha. I also had to change the orange to red because I couldn't get the right shade of orange.. it just all seemed like a 'carrot' orange instead of bright and fluorescent. I didn't like it one bit. I guess I better carry on experimenting with this stuff.. maybe using my drawings to create repeat patterns from instead. and just mirror once. I think i need to do some more drawings using different methods. stencilling would probably be a good method as I'd be able to buy bright spray paints and get the lovely brights I'm after. I guess it's just taking it through to fabric that's the hard part!
these are some variants I've done using different filters, they look cool, but again, I'm not sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment