Monday 24 January 2011

yay! I found out what the name of the flower is, its 'Tigridia' apparently there's a butterfly with the same name! ooohhh... I found that it's also sometimes called the shell flower, I don't know why.. but I just think that 'shell flower' seems like an odd name for it, considering I think it looks nothing like a shell, but ah well! More information on the flower here!


So I attempted to draw one of these flowers, aish! not easy. I think from now I'm gonna concentrate on taking small sections and drawing them larger, making my drawings more ~abstract~ I think I'll get some more interesting designs this way! I've also been working with inks on layout paper and newsprint, I adore the way it makes the paper or crinkled and wrinkled, it makes it alot more interesting than just flat white perfect paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment